Monday, August 27, 2012

Art and I wish I could take Physics HL

I never managed to muster up any more fucks to give interest about my own art anymore and now the painting I was so proud of and excited about working on is left unfinished... like most other projects I have started in the past.

by Nozmo
Thinking about it is about as embarrassing as going back to visit my old SmackJeeves account (which I finally deleted thank goodness) and seeing how alive and immature my personality was and what my aesthetic interests at the time were. I was in middle school, and nothing about myself back then makes me proud in any way, though I guess I should be happy that for whatever reason I'm much wiser about what to say, what to draw and what to watch on the internet now as a result. Life is funny.

When I did go back to Smackjeeves, and it's been five years, I revisited some old friends' accounts, and then friends of theirs, and then friends of theirs, and in the end I discovered some really extraordinary artists. Every artist gets into sequential art it seems, and only a handful can keep up with continuing their stories, for instance, Nozmo, who I really admire for her comics Alternate and Todd & Petunia.

So, It's really disappointing to see great stories discontinue, or even bad stories but wonderful pictures. Out of the many beautiful yet discontinued comics I read today on SmackJeeves, a comic by Jillian Iscaro really stuck out to me. Her comic was based on Michio Kaku's Hyperspace so the art alone was wonderful and I wanted to find more of her work, and as someone who doesn't really like to talk I simply added her to my watchlist on DeviantART and followed her Tumblr, which I encourage everyone to do too, and here's why:


I love the variety in her work from style to color but what I find so interesting is her perspective, and I guess that's what happens when an artist takes an interest in physics.
Finding and admiring artists I find on the internet does give me some motivation to draw again, but from the time I've taken today to read and blog, and given that I have one week left before the school year begins and I need to dedicate all of this time to START and finish my summer assignments, I'm just going to continue sitting here in this pit of non-creativity and rot while I breath in allllll my jealousy and angst.

No comments:

Post a Comment