Sunday, August 19, 2012

Concerts I'm sorry I whine.

I really just need to go see an orchestra concert. I have missed three opportunities last year. Three.

Conductor Christopher Zimmerman
The first opportunity was a week after my birthday, the FSO was playing Stravinky's Firebird Suite, then Liszt and Sibelius concertos. Honestly I don't care much for those concertos but hey, the chance to see and hear FIREBIRD? Missed. and pissed because I saw the conductor's schedule and saw that in June the FSO will be playing...

Debussy's La Mer next to Ravel's Piano Concerto for the Left Hand.
That's my two favorite composers back-to-back.

So, knowing that I thought "Hey, knowing Mom, I'm only allowed out once a year. I might as well wait."

Nope. IB Exams. I forgot, and so just because of IB exams I wasn't allowed one night out that month.

More Zimmerman
At the time I also really just wanted to see this man again and thank him for the help he gave our school orchestra back in February.







← <3


While we were working on Villa-Lobos' Bachianas Brasileiras no. 5, he pulled us together and helped us win Superior ratings at Festival the next month. He also complimented me loads and since then I felt a strikingly painful -similar to a- sexual desire to see him conduct another orchestra.       

Phew. So the last chance for this year was to see my friend's community orchestra playing Bizet's Carmen. I was pretty pumped and ready to go until I saw that the location was in Maryland, and there was no way I was allowed to go to Maryland just for a concert. 

I'm sorry I whine. It's just that the beginning of a fresh new season is coming up and I intend to get my ass into the FSO concert hall and sit down for a good two hours to soak up what I have been yearning for years.

Insert more photos of Christopher Zimmerman here ok buye.

No comments:

Post a Comment