Thursday, August 2, 2012

I want to go to Brazil what do

In the near future I have two opportunities: World Youth Day 2013 and the next Olympics; and by then I guess I should have the means to travel. Wishful thinking.

Gil and Adriana
I'm equally interested in meeting Catholics around the world as well as seeing the greatest athletes together, but even more so, I just want to walk the streets of Rio and absorb the culture. I love Brazil in the same way Gil from Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris loves France.

I don't know too much about life in Brazil, just some of the architecture and other important sites. Should I go with a nearby parish to World Youth Day 2013 though, I'd be so psyched to visit the Cristo Redentor. Sure, there are plenty of tall statues of Jesus where I live and in places I've visited like La Vang, but it's because I think it is the most famous tall statue of Jesus and that it's in the city of SAMBA that attracts me. <cough>And speaking of samba</cough>


Anyway, if I ever go to Mass in Brazil, I bet my weak little conscious will end up singing the tune of Corcovado behind the Our Father. Sad but true. I really only love Brazil for the music. But hopefully, if I go to any of these events, I'd be able to see so much more. And find a Brazilian boyfriend who plays drum set.

All fantasies aside, the bigger dilemma in all this is what to do with my money now that I'm working (violin + piano teacher). I do really want a DSLR. It's time to upgrade from my 12 year-old Fujifilm pseudo-DSLR, which hasn't ever done me wrong, ever, it's just time. I also need a car, because aside from travel, I actually live in the US, and you need to drive to get to places here in the US.

Siiiigggggh. What do I neeeeeeeeeeeeed


No comments:

Post a Comment