Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fostering a viola

Until May I am "borrowing" my cousin's viola. I really don't want to return it because the tone of the viola is darker and so much more rich and I love that sound!
I will be using this lovely viola for my IB HL Music recital in March and maybe I'll play in my school's orchestra with it if I can catch up on reading alto clef! Though I am more competent in violin, I feel the challenge of playing viola in orchestra will be tons more exciting than Carmen Fantasy on violin. I'm so excited right now!


I am naming him (viola) Pablo as in Pablo de Sarasate. It was the first name I thought of and I did want to change my mind to name him Karol for either Former Pope John Paul II (Karol Wojtyła) or Karol Szymanowski but then I'd have a hard time deciding which reference to tell people, so I stuck to Pablo. I love Sarasate's music, anyway, so there's no regrets!

After about thirty minutes practicing Vocalise on viola without a shoulder rest really hurts, though, so I can't play as much as I want until I buy one. Going back to violin even after just thirty minutes on viola feels like this, though:


No comments:

Post a Comment