Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm a high school senior and I bake and watch anime

Friday, 15 June 2012 was my last day of my junior year of high school. Essentially this means I am now a high school senior. I have no feelings as of now. That last week of school was patterned in stress in the morning, lackadaisical in the afternoon, and baking whatever the heck I'd like in the evening. I had senior friends, but instead of crying over no longer seeing them, I think I am more calm because I have faith that they'll do well and that I'll do well without them knowing that they are doing well on their own.
Also, it is the first week of the summer. I am kind of in limbo as a given. I've taken up baking recently, though, so I am indulging in this new hobby to use all this time for not really having to do anything anymore for about two months!
I'd just like to share below the photos I took:





And now I am all out of bread flour! Among all the baking I have also started watching anime again. Right now I'm continuing a series I started in April that I absolutely cannot stop loving! From the director of Cowboy Bebop, Shinichiro Watanabe and the musical director of the same anime, Yoko Kanno, is Kids on the Slope, a wonderful anime about two school boys who, regardless of each of their social issues, become intimate through jazz music. My description doesn't do it justice. Here's a clip:


Most of the performing goes to pianist Takashi Matsunaga and drummer Shun Ishiwaka.
I'm a big Nodame Cantabile fan, but this is far more satisfying to watch as dir. Watanabe made sure the animations for the movements were not only realistic but also precise. Now that I look back, all I really watched in Nodame Cantabile were just PICTURES of people playing piano. That's no one's fault, though.
Anyway, this anime's got my thumbs up, both! And now I go back to crunchyroll to watch episode 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment