Tuesday, June 12, 2012

CARMEN!


Evil...
I know I said I have my music chosen for college and stuff, but now I'm really wanting to just play a movement from a Carmen Fantasy. I say "a" because I'm not going to touch THE Carmen Fantasy, I refuse to touch anything by Sarasate. Just last week, though, I found a much easier arrangement really similar to Sarasate's version by Franz Alois Drdla. Nothing's stopping me from learning it! I just don't know if I'll get this down technically AND musically in time for auditions! Especially since now that I have my teacher back from maternity leave, all she wants to do with me is Kreutzer and Mazas etudes, which are fine, but with only single-hour, weekly lessons, we both think the most important things to work on are those etudes, among other dreadful things like Carl Flesch scales and Suzuki...

I know, not mature, but I'm allowed have feelings and express them on this blog regardless...

Sarah Chang (left), Plácido Domingo (middle)
One thing's nearly set about Carmen though - I get to play it at the senior concert the following school year! The version that I have comes with piano arrangement though, and I know an orchestra accompaniment exists, somewhere out-there, either composed by him or arranged by another, and I want it... You just can't get Latin music across on piano! These Carmen legends (Sarah Chang known for her Sarasate Carmen Fantasy at age 10 and Plácido Domingo for being the best damn José ever) know how to perform Carmen, and I'm inspired every time I look at the Aragonaise movement on my stand to play it at a quarter of the quality they gave. Bahhahh ain't goin'a happen, but out of everything I've played for myself and for others, Carmen probably means the most to me, so in theory I should play well whenever I should perform... *crossing fingers*


Now I'm off to finishing off the kinako dango I made this morning and maybe actually practice..

kinako dango + azuki bean paste


No comments:

Post a Comment