Friday, July 6, 2012

My first painting in 2012 among other things

Wow I haven't blogged in a while, but more importantly, it's July and I haven't painted THIS YEAR until earlier today. Last year I discovered how thrilling and liberating painting could be. Yes, much less cathartic than pencil drawing, but nonetheless painting, as I established in the summer of last year, is my...quasi passion. I don't know really. There's music, and anyone who's listened to me mention anything regarding music knows that's my passion. I just can't put music and art on the same scale.

And art came first, for the record.

So here I am on a lazy morning. I change my Facebook timeline header/photo/whatever it's called to an old design of Zanarkand from FFX and a friend tells me I should start drawing again, because I haven't really been doing that this year either. I don't usually get motivated that easily, but I guess it's because lately I've also been telling myself to stop anime-binging and start drawing and painting again that having someone to simply tell me to draw again was a sufficient enough push.

I've noticed I like coral reefs and marine life. And noodle soups. So um.


Hey Aaron if you're reading this, this is for you. Kind of. Eh. Thanks. I suppose when this is done I'll also finally have something new to post onto Flickr and deviantART, because Lord knows I have nothing else to photograph anymore. My face? Hah. My profile pictures on Facebook lately have been anime characters and currently it's:


Hahn Bin from his Sarasate Carmen Fantasy performance. It was not impressive. It was actually pretty disastrous considering he graduated from Julliard and was Itzhak Perlman's protege! <bitterness>Child prodigy my ass. Get those false harmonics down with speed and then I'll put you on the some scale with Sarah Chang.</bitterness>
I guess he just had a lot of shit from people like me just before the performance. ~Not sorry~

It's late so I'll go. I've got a new violin student first thing tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment