Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I AM HAPPY

Blog productivity has been way up this month, which is fantastic - I love to write! The same is with all my other work, Calculus and 20th cent History and the like and I have been feeling so great about myself.

Today was even more special because I had apple pie. Just kidding :>
My rival school's orchestra director came to rehearse with MY orchestra today. I met her and her orchestra at a district orchestra event last year, and they are just the greatest group of people ever. Half of them graduated to go on as music majors and it's crazy how dedicated they all are. (It's incredibly inspiring.) I unfortunately cannot say the same about my orchestra, so I was worried she'd be a little turned off about working with us, but she smiled and treated us with love and care. It warmed my heart.

Of course, now I feel that my existence in my own school and orchestra is meaningless because I keep wondering "WHAT IF I had met her orchestra two years ago when I was moving? How different of a person and performer would I be today if I had moved to that school's zone?"
It isn't something I should be thinking about now as a senior, but one simply just can't help it.

And I melt away into the memory and... finish reading about France (the biggest bitch in history) between WWI and WWII.

No comments:

Post a Comment