Thursday, February 21, 2013

The struggle is real

I didn't think this would happen to me. Finally, I'm stressed to the point where I'd much rather start working at Chick-fil-A than sticking around to do this blasted homework. Sometimes I even feel like skipping Orchestra, but I know that it would kill my director, especially since right now we're preparing for our annual district assessment, so I don't.
I've also noticed that I'm dangerously close to crossing the threshold à l'ennui and apathy. I don't know how to quantify it, but I know I can only take in so much stress before I suddenly lose all sense of consequences and just blow off my responsibilities. It's the story of my entire high school life, frankly.

All that I've been looking forward to are the Heartsongs concerts in the first week of April and graduation; maybe prom and the IB exams. I'm not even concerned about Spring break anymore. That's going to sneak up behind me and make me forget about preparing for the exams in May. Even Orchestra is becoming bothersome with after school rehearsals- I actually can't wait until I'm out of high school and I'm not pressured or even motivated to join an orchestra. I don't need to play in large ensembles anymore. I'm sure I'll still stick around to violin, but not as much during the college days.

I need summer. I need the beach. Winter makes me so unhappy. I don't need more projects stacked on top of what I'm already doing. I just need to go sit at a Stravinsky concert and unwind. Actually more chillwave sounds like that'll hit the spot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment